Saturday, February 7, 2015

Papertrey Ink's 8th Anniversary Challenge: Day 1

It's time for Papertrey Ink's 8th Anniversary celebration! Today's challenge is one of my favorites. PTI has provided a variety of color combinations and sketch recipes for mixing and matching to create a card.

I chose this color combo and sketch


And the result




My rectangular background piece was stamped using the above PTI ink colors and the Ombre Builders stamp set. I die cut a butterfly from the Beautiful Butterflies Dies and stamped the coordinating image with aqua mist ink.  I tried to use my Copic Markers to add a little shadowing, but it didn't turn out as I had pictured in my brain. Oh well!  I stamped the sentiment from Stylish Sentiments: Birthday onto a double ended banner diecut and placed it under the raised butterfly image.  After the picture was taken, I added a bit of Wink of Stella to the butterfly for a bit more sparkle--it definitely helped :)  Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment